This privacy statement applies to all business activities of Mr Intolerable’s and its related and trading entities, including its website(s); to the extent that they affect or involve the collection, use, disclosure or handling of personal information.
PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
Mr Intolerable’s is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. Mr Intolerable’s is bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information. Set out below is information that Mr Intolerable’s is required to communicate to its customers. Mr Intolerable’s recommends that you keep this information for future reference.
Mr Intolerable’s provides catering and food services, either through a particular division within Mr Intolerable’s.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information held by Mr Intolerable’s may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, e-mail address, and your Mr Intolerable’s PIN, username or password. Mr Intolerable’s also holds details of your Mr Intolerable’s orders (including their status). If you choose not to provide certain personal information (e.g. your date of birth), Mr Intolerable’s may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which Mr Intolerable’s prides itself.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Mr Intolerable’s collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by phone or when you submit your personal details through Mr Intolerable’s’ web sites;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified below under ‘When Mr Intolerable’s discloses your personal information’;
- from Mr Intolerable’s own records of how you use your Mr Intolerable’s services; or
- when legally required to do so.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity
- assist you to subscribe to Mr Intolerable’s services;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging and billing;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for fraud;
- research and develop Mr Intolerable’s services;
- gain an understanding of your information and needs in order for Mr Intolerable’s to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop Mr Intolerable’s business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems;
- also, your personal information is collected so that Mr Intolerable’s can promote and market its services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, SMS and MMS messages). Mr Intolerable’s does this to keep you informed of its products, services and special offers. If you do not wish Mr Intolerable’s to promote and market its products, services and special offers to you, please email email@example.com.
WHEN WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to deliver the services you require, Mr Intolerable’s may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Mr Intolerable’s and its subcontractors. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Mr Intolerable’s providing its services to you. These organisations may carry out Mr Intolerable’s:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing operations;
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- marketing services;
- market research; and
- web site usage analysis.
Mr Intolerable’s takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. In addition, Mr Intolerable’s may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- Mr Intolerable’s related companies;
- Mr Intolerable’s professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- organisations who manage Mr Intolerable’s business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of its assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing Mr Intolerable’s’ corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
MR INTOLERABLE’S WEBSITES
Mr Intolerable’s provides products and services via its various web sites. When you visit Mr Intolerable’s sites, its web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists Mr Intolerable’s to improve the structure of its web sites and monitor their performance.
Mr Intolerable’s may use ‘cookies’ on various web sites. Cookies are an industry standard and most major web sites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our web sites may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for Mr Intolerable’s web sites to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of Mr Intolerable’s web sites.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. Mr Intolerable’s extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our web sites or take advantage of the improved web site experience that cookies offer.
Mr Intolerable’s also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Mr Intolerable’s collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes.
HELP US TO ENSURE WE HOLD ACCURATE INFORMATION
Mr Intolerable’s takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why Mr Intolerable’s recommends that you:
- let Mr Intolerable’s know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep Mr Intolerable’s up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address.
Mr Intolerable’s maintains sophisticated data security systems, networks and procedures. In particular all databases maintained by Mr Intolerable’s are protected by secure network links, which are complimented by password protection, virus protection and internal quality procedures. In addition to this, our entire website and your communication with it, is encrypted using SSL 128 bit encryption. SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral. SSL is an industry standard and is used by millions of websites in the protection of their online transactions with their customers.
TRANS BORDER DATA FLOWS
Mr Intolerable’s will not transfer personal information relating to an individual outside Australia unless the individual has consented to such a transfer and Mr Intolerable’s has satisfied itself that the recipient of the personal information will uphold principles for the handling of personal information which are similar to the National Privacy Principles.
Mr Intolerable’s will apply particularly stringent procedures (including the provisions of the National Privacy Principles) to its collection, use, disclosure and handling of any personal information, which includes sensitive information (e.g. information concerning race, religion, political affiliations) or health information (e.g. information concerning an individual’s medical condition). Where practicable, Mr Intolerable’s will maintain the anonymity of an individual in a database of personal health information unless the identity of the individual is necessary to perform a lawful activity.
YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, you will need to put your request in writing for, security reasons, and send it by mail to Mr Intolerable’s, 87 Mimiwali Drive, Bonville, NSW, 2450.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact Mr Intolerable’s via email – firstname.lastname@example.org